Rider Blades for Ceramic Tile, Porcelain, Marble, Stone and Terrazzo
Many reading this already know tile, marble, stone and terrazzo removal is some of the hardest work you will do in the floor removal business. The Renegade® tackles this job with three innovative and extremely effective blade approaches:
- A Carbide Tipped Angle Shank (like the SKU 7079-2) will be the best option for most jobs. The ideal width will be determined by the weight of your machine. For example, the 4 inch 7079-4 and the 6 inch 7079-6 work better on a 7700 Rider than they would on a 2900 Rider due to the 1,000 lb. machine weight difference. The other factor will be the hardness of the thinset. For operators working with a lighter unit (like the 2900 or 5000) we recommend that you start with narrower shanks and test the flooring. If the thinset is soft or brittle, testing wider blades to see what will remove the most material in 1 pass can save a considerable amount of time and increase removal rates.
- A Straight Shank (like SKU 7071-2) might be best for extremely hard thinset. In this setting the increased pitch (vs. an Angled Shank) can increase removal rates when you are trying to remove exceptionally hard patches that didn’t come up with the flooring. As with the angled shanks, the width of your most effective blade would usually be determined by the weight of your machine.
- A Standard Flat Blade is a solid choice to use with most riders to remove thinset and ceramic or stone in cases where the material didn’t bond well with the slab. This can happen over time or as a result of laying material over a floor that wasn’t sufficiently prepped (or even laying over another material like vinyl). As is the case with shanks, the weight of your machine and the properties of the material will determine the ideal blade width so (again) starting with something conservative (like the 3” x 6”) 6290 and then testing wider and wider blades will ensure you get the maximum removal rates for your specific job.
Find individual blades in this family here:
- 6290 Flat Blade 3 in x 6 in
- 6291 Flat Blade 3 in x 8 in
- 6292 Flat Blade 3 in x 12 in
- 6293 Flat Blade 3 in x 14 in
- 6294 Flat Blade 3 in x 27 in
- 7072-2 Carbide Tipped Straight Shank 4 in x 2 in
- 7072-3 Carbide Tipped Straight Shank 4 in x 3 in
- 7072-4 Carbide Tipped Straight Shank 4 in x 4 in
- 7072-6 Carbide Tipped Straight Shank 4 in x 6 in
- 7079-2 Carbide Tipped Angle Shank 6 in x 2 in
- 7079-4 Carbide Tipped Angle Shank 6 in x 4 in
- 7079-6 Carbide Tipped Angle Shank 6 in x 6 in
- 402394 Carbide Tip Kit with 3 tips
- 402601 Carbide Tip Sharpening Handle
- 403112 Carbide Tip Kit with Shank